Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Ashish Soni <as...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/15 03:37:19 UTC

No of Records Processed By Topology Per second ???

How do i know how many records are processed per second by the Storm Topology , Please see below screen shot from the UI , Everything is running as single node cluster hortonworks SandBox

Please help me understand below metric

Complete Latency , Execute Latency and Process Latency for below screen

If i understand correctly then if it take .024 ms for a bolt to process single tuple , Is it means that it can process 41666 ( 1000/.024 ) tuple per second

Ashish

Re: No of Records Processed By Topology Per second ???

Posted by Jeffery Maass <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ashish:

Take a look at these videos:

Learning Storm:

   -

   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLZrYPbNypg
   -

      InfoChimps
      -

      uses storm quite a bit
      -

      covers storm networking / buffering
      -

   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdps8tE0gYo
   -

      This is DEFN a must see for any new Storm user
      -

   http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/2013/06/21/understanding-storm-internal-message-buffers/
   -

      internal message buffering
      -

   http://demo.ooyala.com/player.html?width=640&height=360&embedCode=Q1eXg5NzpKqUUzBm5WTIb6bXuiWHrRMi&videoPcode=9waHc6zKpbJKt9byfS7l4O4sn7Qn
   -

      Nathan Mars - father of storm
      -

      storm performance tuning
      - audio isn’t great.  Turn it up and be patient, it gets better

Thank you for your time!

Jeff Maass <ma...@gmail.com>
linkedin.com/in/jeffmaass
stackoverflow.com/users/373418/maassql