Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Alexey Zavizionov <al...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/12 12:47:48 UTC

Bug in separator for throwable

I want to separate stacktrace with date at each line, but with separator i
got it in one line with print separator as is, even without new line..
Seems to be a bug?

            <PatternLayout>
                <pattern>%d{HH:mm:ss.SSS} : %m [] %throwable{separator(%n%d)}
%n</pattern>
            </PatternLayout>

\n also don't work in it.

I want to use %d in it.
Please try to fix the with it.
org.apache.logging.log4j.core.pattern.ThrowablePatternConverter.formatOption(Throwable,
StringBuilder)

Re: Bug in separator for throwable

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexey,
\
Did you get this to work? If not, do you feel like working on a patch?

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: Bug in separator for throwable

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Wow, I don't even see the separator option documented on our site... you
must have looked in the code ;-)