Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/18 10:57:08 UTC

CodeQL & Roller

Hello,

does anyone know if there is a way to run the github CodeQL scan
locally? I was about to abuse a PR for that but then i thought there
must be a better way.

regards,

michael

Re: CodeQL & Roller

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.
for context: i tried to figure out if we can build the project just once
in the CodeQL gh action - so i force pushed into the same pr testing the
yml file.

before it was built twice, first with the explicit mvn call, then again
with "autobuild"

i think we can if we build it *after* the CodeQL init, since CodeQL is
monitoring what is happening in the gh action
https://github.com/apache/roller/pull/98/commits/22e090b5b2856e493b9e9c03777f040caf42550f

-michael

Re: CodeQL & Roller

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.