Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Simon Waterhouse <Si...@eu.citrix.com> on 2012/10/05 18:27:48 UTC

API Query

I have a single zone CloudStack with some deleted instances in the zone

If I use the REST API to query "command=listVirtualMachines" then it returns me a record of the deleted instances. However if I specify the UID of the zone with the query "command=listVirtualMachines&zoneid=<zone-uuid>" then the server returns an empty response.

My initial feeling is this is a bug - or are deleted machines no longer regarded as "in" the zone? If so, there is a bug to be filed against the management console (as the Instances list shows the zone of a deleted instance).

Any thoughts before I head to the bug list?

Thanks
Simon

Re: API Query

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.
This is a bug. I just checked the code but couldn't find the reason for it being there.

        if (zone != null) {
            sc.setParameters("dataCenterId", zone);

            if(state == null) {
                sc.setParameters("stateNEQ", "Destroyed");
            }
        }

Thanks,
-Nitin

Re: API Query

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.
Vms in Destroyed state should be returned in listVirtualMachines API
response (when the call is made by root/domain Admin) no matter if it's
executed with zoneId, or w/o.

Simon, please file a bug against management server component.

Thanks,
Alena.