Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Steele, Raymond" <ra...@lmco.com> on 2014/01/16 01:00:29 UTC

loadComponentFromURL - Solaris 11 OO 3.3

Hello,

I have OpenOffice 3.3 installed and running on my Solaris x86 system. Things run under normal user experience, but if I run a custom application it fails on

loadComponentFromURL("private:factory/scalc", "_blank, 0, loadProps).

This code works fine on a Solaris 10 system running OO 3.3.  Here is some of the stack trace that java produces.

Register to memory mapping:

EAX=0x090bbe40 is an unknown value
EBX=0xfe762000: _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_+0 in /libc.so.1 at 0xfe600000

Stack [oxddc510000, 0xddd4f000], sp=0xddd4c520, free space=1005k
Native frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code, C=native code)
C [libc.so.1]          t_delete+0x41
C [libc.so.1]         realfree+0x5e
C [libc.so.1]   _malloc_unlocked+0x1d2
C [libc.so.1]   malloc+0x38
C [libxml2.so.2]                   xmlXPathNewParserContext+0x28
C [libxml2.so.2]                   xmlXPathEval+0x92
C [libunoxml.so+0x81131]

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I had to type this stack trace so I only provided what I thought was pertinent. Please let me know if you need more.

Thanks,
Raymond Steele

Re: loadComponentFromURL - Solaris 11 OO 3.3

Posted by Paul Gress <pg...@optonline.net>.
Hi,

I did point to the 3.4 build, but I'm using a self built 3.4.  I did it myself to add CUPS support.  I've tried to build 4.0 without success.

Paul

Posted by James Lee <li...@oxdrove.co.uk>.
On 17/01/2014 18:51, Απόστολος Συρόπουλος wrote:
> What compiler are you using? I used gcc 4.7.2 and now I have switched
> to gcc 4.8.2.

Sun Studio 12.3 [aka 5.12].  I think in failed in some awful C++
template mismatch in boost.

I thought gcc was rejected by the configuration but I must try again -
it really should not matter which compiler or OS is used!

James.

RE: loadComponentFromURL - Solaris 11 OO 3.3

Posted by Απόστολος Συρόπουλος <as...@hotmail.com>.

>  > There is one person (Apostols Syropoulos) trying to compile the
> latest version 4.0, but having trouble.
>
> Then there are at least 2.  I've tried and so far failed to compile 4.0.
> [I'm using self built 3.4.1]

Hello,

What compiler are you using? I used gcc 4.7.2 and now I have switched
to gcc 4.8.2.  I have compiled most modules but there was a problem
with the bridge. One could "port" the Linux bridge, but I have zero
knowledge of assembly (there is a an assembly language file).
Another idea would be to "port" the bridge from LibreOffice.
At any rate, I am trying things and hope to finish soon!

All the best,
Apostolos

--
Apostols Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece

Re: loadComponentFromURL - Solaris 11 OO 3.3

Posted by James Lee <li...@oxdrove.co.uk>.

Posted by Paul Gress <pg...@optonline.net>.
Hi Raymond,

I'm not sure what all those error messages mean, but I can make some suggestions to try.  It has been noted that AOO 3.3 and 3.4 will not run on version 1.7 of Java, at least for Solaris.  I have in my 3.4 and running Java 1.6.  See below snapshot (may not come through).

Basically it has something to do with labeling as "Oracle" or "Sun Microsystems".  My next suggestion is to try and install 3.4.  I can be downloaded here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots

There is one person (Apostols Syropoulos) trying to compile the latest version 4.0, but having trouble.  I haven't seen any posts the past two weeks.

Thanks,

Paul

RE: EXTERNAL: Re: loadComponentFromURL - Solaris 11 OO 3.3

Posted by "Steele, Raymond" <ra...@lmco.com>.
Andrew,

Thanks again for taking the time to look at this. I hope someone else can also provide some input.

Thanks,

Raymond

Posted by "Steele, Raymond" <ra...@lmco.com>.
Andrew,

Posted by "Steele, Raymond" <ra...@lmco.com>.
Andrew,

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.

Posted by "Steele, Raymond" <ra...@lmco.com>.

--
Andrew Pitonyak

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.

--
Andrew Pitonyak

Posted by "Steele, Raymond" <ra...@lmco.com>.
Sorry about the confusion. That is a typo. I had to type this all out.

> I have OpenOffice 3.3 installed and running on my Solaris x86 system.
>Things run under normal user experience, but if I run a custom application it fails on loadComponentFromURL("private:factory/scalc", "_blank, 0, loadProps).

is it ok that the number of quotation marks is odd?

Re: loadComponentFromURL - Solaris 11 OO 3.3

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.