Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Sascha Schäfer <sa...@ebcsoft.de> on 2007/06/01 09:08:08 UTC

Can't read excel file

Hi,

I have a problem to read a special file with Jakarta POI and I want to ask a
developer. I can open this file in MS Excel. And Excel tells me, that this
file is saved in the format of Excel 2003. But if I try to read this file
with POI, it results to the error-message:

“Invalid header signature; read 4503599627765769, expected
-2226271756974174256”

Can anyone help me? Maybe it helps, if I send you this special file?

Kind regards

EBCsoft GmbH

Sascha Schäfer

Delitzscher Straße 69

04129 Leipzig

Tel: +49 341 2466260

Fax: +49 341 2466262

Re: Can't read excel file

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, Sascha Schäfer wrote:
> I have a problem to read a special file with Jakarta POI and I want to
> ask a developer.

Please see my response to the user list, from when you asked the same
question there.

Nick