Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> on 2014/12/29 08:25:14 UTC

Re: 3.2.3 not available though http://archive.apache.org/dist/maven/binaries/?

we generally switched Maven release canonical download area to
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/maven/maven-3/

IIRC, http://archive.apache.org/dist/maven/binaries/ was used by Jenkins folks
for automatic Maven version discovery and download, before the change

seems like we didn't took the effort to copy latest releases to this legacy
location

is this legacy location still useful?

notice we should add a HEADER or README in the legacy directory to explain the
story

Regards,

Hervé

AW: 3.2.3 not available thoughhttp://archive.apache.org/dist/maven/binaries/?

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello,

It is on the archive site ob the new coordinates:

http://archive.apache.org/dist/maven/maven-3/3.2.3/binaries/

Greetings
bernd

--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net

> we generally switched Maven release canonical download area to
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/maven/maven-3/
>
> IIRC, http://archive.apache.org/dist/maven/binaries/ was used by Jenkins
> folks
> for automatic Maven version discovery and download, before the change
>
> seems like we didn't took the effort to copy latest releases to this legacy
> location
>
> is this legacy location still useful?

well, the "legacy" location is being referenced from the main download
page.

and looking at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/maven/maven-3/ I
don't see 3.2.3 either. At our company we currently standardise on 3.2.3
and it's weird that it cannot be currently downloaded from anywhere.

Milos

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
good catch: fixed :)

http://svn.apache.org/r1648412