Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Colm Garvey <co...@letsys.com> on 2004/03/22 17:35:32 UTC

Odd behaviour with utf-8 on weblogic 8.1

I've just discovered a very odd bug/feature , but I'm not entirely sure
what's causing it.
I have a resource bundle for thai which has been encoded as utf-8.

If I specify

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset="UTF-8" language="java" ...

in my JSP pages I wind up with gobbledigook, but if I simply use:

<%@ page contentType="text/html" language="java"....

ignoring the encoding reference entirely, it works perfectly!

Now I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but this is the kind of
thing that comes back and bites you in the behind later, so does anyone have
any idea why this is happening?

Colm