Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Goetzmann Bertrand <bg...@sophia.symag.com> on 2006/03/07 14:27:43 UTC

Executing code when transforming

Hello,

I would like to know all the available mechanisms to execute some code
when one operates a transformation (using the default transformer). I
mean a way to execute java or javascript code that resides in the xsl
file in order to use some result.
To have working with Microsoft XML parser (MSXML) several years ago, I
know there is a way using some proprietary extension to XSLT, and the
code was in Javascript.

Thank for any help.

"As Java implies platform independence, and
XML implies language independence, JXTA implies
network independence."

B e r t r a n d   G o e t z m a n n
Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for J2EE Technology

<!-- O B J E C T  - E V E R Y W H E R E, sur Apache Cocoon -->
<site_web href=" www.object-everywhere.com "/>

LaSer-Symag

Re: Executing code when transforming

Posted by Askild Aaberg Olsen <as...@xangeli.com>.
Goetzmann Bertrand wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I would like to know all the available mechanisms to execute some code
>when one operates a transformation (using the default transformer). I
>mean a way to execute java or javascript code that resides in the xsl
>file in order to use some result.
>To have working with Microsoft XML parser (MSXML) several years ago, I
>know there is a way using some proprietary extension to XSLT, and the
>code was in Javascript.

If you are using Xalan (default XSLT-processor in Cocoon), have a look at
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/extensions.html

I guess that your reason for this is that you don't find XSLT expressive
enough for your needs. If so, have a look at Saxon and it's XSLT 2.0
capabilities.
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Saxon

Askild
-