Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by "Chris.R.Park" <ba...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/17 03:21:18 UTC

samplecontainer.html error

Hi all~

I tried to work with php shindig.
but when I access to samplecontainer.html. some errors stop me.

shindig version is up to date.

http://myhost/gadgets/files/samplecontainer/samplecontainer.html.

error=>

metadata is undefined
[Break on this error] for (var i = 0; i < metadata.gadgets.length; i+
+) {

so when I go to
http://myhost/gadgets/metadata

Below comment is displayed.

=>
Internal Server Error

No post data set

Array
(
     [0] => Array
         (
             [file] => /gsp/shindig/php/index.php
             [line] => 109
             [function] => doPost
             [class] => JsonRpcServlet
             [object] => JsonRpcServlet Object
                 (
                     [lastModified:private] =>
                     [contentType:private] => text/html
                     [charset:private] => UTF-8
                     [noCache:private] =>
                     [cacheTime:private] => 86400
                     [noHeaders] =>
                 )

             [type] => ->
             [args] => Array
                 (
                 )

         )

)

I think ./src/gadgets/servlet/JsonRpcServlet.php file has no post
data. Is it right?

How can I see samplecontainer.html
please help me.

thanks,
chris

Re: samplecontainer.html error

Posted by Ram Sharma <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

Shindig Java and PHP both are moving to JsonRpc protocol. Java Shindig has
made a significant move in the same and probably they have implemented
JsonRp, but PHP shindig is still lacking JsonRpc support, I think that will
be finished very soon.

SampleContainer is commmon for both Java and PHP shindig. Probably Java
Shindig developers has made some changes to sample container to test their
JsonRpc work and that's why its not working with PHP shindig. I have already
filed a bug on Apache Jira
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-600for the same.

If you want to see sample container up and running then I will suggest you
to take Shindig revision on/before 5 Sep 2008. I think sample container was
working before that.

hope that helps :)

Anyone else please correct me if I am wrong.

--
Ram Sharma