Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "NIPP, SCOTT V (SBCSI)" <sn...@sbc.com> on 2002/03/08 20:35:17 UTC

FrontPage Client Connection problems...

	I am running Apache 1.3.23 with mod_ssl, and Mod_frontpage.  I
connect fine to a 'public' site on the webserver with the FrontPage client,
but when I try to connect to a 'secured' site on the same server FrontPage
has problems.  FrontPage gives me the certificate prompt, but when I hit Yes
to accept FP just hangs.  Occasionally, FP will go in, but it normally
hangs.  Any ideas?  I can get to the 'secured' site fine with a web browser,
and have successfully connected with FP, so I know the extensions are
installed and working properly.  Thanks.

Scott Nipp
Systems Analyst
SBC Long Distance
(214) 858-1289

Re: FrontPage Client Connection problems...

Posted by Frank Reichenbacher <fr...@mollynet.com>.
I don't think your permissions are set up properly. You need to go into
fpexec log and see what it says. Normally this is in
/usr/local/frontpage/logs. There should also be an SSL log in the same
directory. The FP client may have written a "wcerr.txt" log to your client
somewhere. Clip those logs and post them.

Go into the web directories on the linux box and see what the permissions
are set to. Setting permissions correctly is a big problem with the
mod_frontpages I've used. I usually wind up going back into the directory
after the install and chowning stuff that didn't get set.

Frank