Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Colin Bowdery <cb...@automna.com> on 2016/02/26 14:24:49 UTC

Getting Started with NiFi Development

Hi Dev Team!

I am looking to start familiarizing myself with NiFi. I see the
documentation states Linux is supported but does not define which Distro(s).

Any advice on the best Linux distro to use? How about IDE, etc..?

Many thanks,

Colin.

Re: Getting Started with NiFi Development

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.
Colin

NiFi is pure Java, so any OS that has JDK distribution will run NiFi and or will be able to become a dev environment for it.
The choice of IDE is also entirely up to you. On this list I am sure guys are using at least 3 different IDEs (me personally is Eclipse).

You can get more information here - https://nifi.apache.org/developer-guide.html and if you believe something is missing or unclear please let us know so we can update the guide.
Cheers
Oleg