Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Haruki Okada <oc...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/19 06:23:36 UTC

Splitting partition may cause message loss for consumers

Hi, Kafka.

Recently I noticed that splitting partition may cause message delivery loss
for consumers with auto.offset.reset=latest.

I described details in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-12261 .

Since delivery loss is undesired in most cases, I think this should be
described in ConsumerConfig.AUTO_OFFSET_RESET_DOC (or somewhere) at least.

What do you think?

========================
Okada Haruki
ocadaruma@gmail.com
========================

Re: Splitting partition may cause message loss for consumers

Posted by Haruki Okada <oc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your quick response.
Yeah, agree with that. (also replied on the issue)

--
Okada Haruki

Re: Splitting partition may cause message loss for consumers

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Okada san,