Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Kohei Nozaki <ky...@bridge9.sakura.ne.jp> on 2015/04/27 16:46:04 UTC

Where are the definitions of DB indexes?

Hello,

I'm using James3 which acquired from SVN trunk on Feburuary 2015, with
JPA store + PostgreSQL. I can see following indexes are created
automatically:

james=# \d james_mail
                      Table "public.james_mail"
<snip>
    "james_mail_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (mailbox_id, mail_uid)
    "i_jms_mil_mail_is_deleted" btree (mail_is_deleted)
    "i_jms_mil_mail_is_recent" btree (mail_is_recent)
    "i_jms_mil_mail_is_seen" btree (mail_is_seen)
    "i_jms_mil_mail_modseq" btree (mail_modseq)

But I'm not sure where are the code that creates DB indexes, or where
any DDL script (create index ...) are placed. where are they? or does it
uses some function of OpenJPA?

Thanks.

Re: Where are the definitions of DB indexes?

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
OpenJPA creates the SQL (for tables creation and also for queries,
inserts...)