Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kochin Chang <ko...@netscape.net> on 2003/03/21 18:51:56 UTC

Redirection limit exceeded & IBM Java2 SDK 1.4

  Hi,

There appears to be a problem with the combination of Cocoon 2.0.4 and
IBM Java2 SDK 1.4. Recently I installed a server with following components:
+ Red Hat Linux 7.3
+ IBM Java2 SDK 1.4
+ Tomcat4 4.1.18
+ Cocoon 4.0.2

After copied cocoon.war into the tomcat4's webapps folder, restarted
tomcat4, and entered http://localhost:8080/cocoon/ into my browser, I
received a "Redirection limit exceeded" pop-up message. Then I tested
the link http://localhost:8080/cocoon/welcome, and got a "Resource not
found" error. I checked cocoon's logs, but could not find anything
suspicious.

It turned out that IBM Java2 SDK 1.4 is the culprit. Once I replaced it
with Sun SDK 1.4.1, cocoon's welcome screen came up successfully, and
all links works as expected.

Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround to this?

Regards,
Kochin Chang

Re: Redirection limit exceeded & IBM Java2 SDK 1.4

Posted by Maxime Levesque <ma...@webhelp.com>.
   I experienced the same thing, and haven't found why IBM's jdk behaves
this way,
 I'm curious to know, but too lazy to investigate ;)