Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathan Abramsohn <jo...@regard.co.il> on 2004/03/09 10:45:02 UTC

UTF-8 special characters

Hi all

After solving the most of the internationalization problems I had, I still have, some problem:

If I have, some special character, in the query string (e.g. the URL), like é or ç  tomcat gets it as é or ç.

Same thing I had with user input, but there, the problem was solved by setting the request encoding to "UTF-8"

At the first request.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jonathan

They are intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content. **

RE: UTF-8 special characters

Posted by Mariano <ml...@sescam.org>.
Put this in 8080 connector of your server.xml file,lookup for
URIEncoding="UTF-8", tomcat automatically do encoding:

<Connector port="8080"
               debug="0" connectionTimeout="20000"
		   URIEncoding="UTF-8"
               disableUploadTimeout="true" />