Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "John, Joel Muthuraj (LNG-CON)" <jo...@lexisnexis.com> on 2009/01/15 01:18:08 UTC

Axis2 deployment in Tomcat

Hi,

Could somebody give me the steps to deploy a webservice developed using
Axis2 JaxWS in Tomcat server?  There are two different ways given at
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_4_1/jaxws-guide.html#DeployService, but
both of them make the service tightly coupled with axis2 servlet. Is
there a way to deploy the service as a WAR (as how we used to do for
Axis - http://wso2.org/library/90 )?

I have a long term requirement of moving the service from Tomcat to
Websphere seamlessly. So, having the service as a WAR would help me do
that easily.

Regards,

Joel Muthuraj John

937-865-6800 x55096

joel.muthuraj@lexisnexis.com <ma...@lexisnexis.com>

Re: Axis2 deployment in Tomcat

Posted by Charith Wickramarachchi <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

Following are the steps to deploy a JAX-WS service in tomcat server using
axis2

1.Copy axis2.war file to the tomcat webapps directory
2.Extract it and make a servicejars directory axis2/WEB-INF/
3.put the jaxws service jar in the servicejars directory
4.If you are using JDK 5 then you should copy jaxws-rt and jaxws-tools jars
to the WEB-INF/lib  directory
5.then start the tomcat

AFAIK you cant deploy services as war in tomcat.
What we have done here is deploy the axis2 as a webapp in tomcat and run the
jax-ws service on top of that.

Does it make any scene deploying a service as a war in tomcat since tomcat
is not a SOAP processor?

thank you,
--
Charith Dhanushka Wickramarachchi