Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Evaristo José Camarero <ev...@yahoo.es> on 2017/06/01 07:19:32 UTC

GEODE WITH THIS OVERFLOW

Hi there,
We are analyzing the option to use Geode as a backend DB for a service that requires high availability, geo replication and good throughput.
Our data set is big enough to make a full in memory deployment probably not cost efficient, I would like to know if there is some information about performance when the disk overflow is used (let's say that only 10% of the data fits in main memory). Is disk overflow design to support this case, or disk overflow it is more a security mechanism until the cluster is scale out and rebalanced.
Thkx in advance,
/evaristo