Posted to user@struts.apache.org by goodprogram <go...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/13 21:37:20 UTC

avoiding resetting of values

Hi

I have 7 textbox fields, when i enter the values for all those and submit
the form, the clientside and server side validations are working well,
but the problem is, it resets all  textbox values to be empty, and
forwarding to the same input page,

How can i avoid resetting of values and display the correspondig values in
textboxes?

Any help is appreciated .

Thanks,
RR

Re: avoiding resetting of values

Posted by Paolo Beccari <pb...@email.it>.
> I have 7 textbox fields, when i enter the values for all those and submit
> the form, the clientside and server side validations are working well,
> but the problem is, it resets all  textbox values to be empty, and
> forwarding to the same input page,
>
> How can i avoid resetting of values and display the correspondig values in
> textboxes?
>
> Any help is appreciated .
>
> Thanks,
> RR

I'm a S2 newbie, but try this:
<s:textfield name="name" value="%{name}" />

it should invoke the getName() method of related Action, and retrieve the
value.
P.

Re: avoiding resetting of values

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
goodprogram wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have 7 textbox fields, when i enter the values for all those and submit
> the form, the clientside and server side validations are working well,
> but the problem is, it resets all  textbox values to be empty, and
> forwarding to the same input page,
>
> How can i avoid resetting of values and display the correspondig values in
> textboxes?

In order for anyone to help, ou'll need to supply more information,
including what version of Struts you're using, relevant configuration
and code snippets, etc. There's not enough here to offer any diagnosis.

L.