Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Eivinn Hustveit <ei...@fortiden.com> on 2005/12/12 13:22:27 UTC

OpenLDAP and J2

Hi,

I am now trying to setup OpenLDAP for use with Jetspeed-2. The plan
is to use LDAP for user authentication as well as storing user
attributes for use within the portlet contexts. Is it true that
storing user attributes is not possible at the moment?

So far I've gotten OpenLDAP setup and have inserted the following
ldif-file
-------------------------------
dn: dc=mobiletech,dc=no
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
o: mobiletech.no
dc: mobiletech

dn: cn=Manager,dc=mobiletech,dc=no
objectclass: organizationalRole
cn: Manager
-------------------------------

The slapd.conf is set up with:
include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/jetspeed.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/java.schema
database        bdb
checkpoint      32      30 # <kbyte> <min>
suffix          "dc=mobiletech,dc=no"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=mobiletech,dc=no"

I'm currently having troubles when trying to add the j2-apacheds.ldif
to my ldap repository.
The error message after running the command is:
# ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=mobiletech,dc=no" -W -f j2-apacheds.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry
"uid=admin,ou=users,o=mobiletech.no,dc=mobiletech,dc=no"
ldap_add: No such object (32)
         matched DN: dc=mobiletech,dc=no

As you can see I've renamed the object to mobiletech.no, but this
does not seem to work.
Any help would be very apreciated!

Sincerely

Eivinn Hustveit
System Manager
http://www.mobiletech.no

Re: OpenLDAP and J2

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
OpenLDAP interoperability list <ld...@fini.net> might be a better
place to get help on LDAP interoperability problems.
The group has experts in LDAP who are willing to tackle the issues about
making LDAP work in real situations.

Ron