Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by JavaCrunch <ne...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/14 10:30:26 UTC

ActiveMQ not working with Multicast transport protocol configured

Hi,

I am using ActiveMQ with multicast protocol configured. But I am getting an
exception when the topic session is being created as given below. I have
tried searching on the net for ways to get this working, but in vain. I
would appreciate any help. I wonder whether this is a known problem and
multicast doesnt work as transport protocol on this -
javax.jms.JMSException: Receive timed out
        at
org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:49)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.syncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnection.java:1244)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.ensureConnectionInfoSent(ActiveMQConnection.java:1339)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.createSession(ActiveMQConnection.java:298)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.createTopicSession(ActiveMQConnection.java:1036)
        at SimpleTopicPublisher.main(SimpleTopicPublisher.java:132)
Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out
        at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive0(Native Method)
        at
java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive(PlainDatagramSocketImpl.java:136)
        at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(DatagramSocket.java:712)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.udp.CommandDatagramSocket.read(CommandDatagramSocket.java:69)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.udp.UdpTransport.run(UdpTransport.java:147)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

This is the configuration I am using --

<transportConnectors>
            <transportConnector name="openwire"
uri="multicast://228.0.0.3:6255?group=mygroup"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
            <transportConnector name="ssl" uri="ssl://10.100.207.92:61617"/>
            <transportConnector name="stomp"
uri="stomp://10.100.207.92:61613"/>
            <transportConnector name="xmpp"
uri="xmpp://10.100.207.92:61222"/>
</transportConnectors>

And the code snippet. I am using topics --

ActiveMQConnectionFactory("system", "manager",
"multicast://228.0.0.3:6255");
topicConnection = connectionFactory.createTopicConnection();
topicSession = topicConnection.createTopicSession(false,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);