Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/06 12:38:13 UTC

Sling Release

Hi all,

After all the enhancements and bugfixes to Sling in the last months
since the first release, I think it is about time to consider a new release.

I think we should push forward the release in a few steps:

(1) Remove Dependency Management from the parent pom (see [1]).
(2) Release Sling Parent POM, Version 5
(2a) Upgrade all Sling projects to use Sling Parent POM 5
(3) Decide on bugs to be fixed for the release

I will implement step 1 and prepare step 3 in the next few days such
that we may then take a decision on bugs required to be included in the
release.

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix

[1] http://markmail.org/message/5qpmsukdk4mdacdy

Re: Sling Release

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I think we should push forward the release in a few steps:..

I agree with the proposed steps.
-Bertrand

Re: Sling Release

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jukka Zitting schrieb:
>> Are you planning to release the components separately or as a single
>> package, i.e. will this be a "Sling release" or a set of "Sling
>> component releases"?
>
> This will probably again (for ease of processing) be a full Sling
> release, just like the first one.
>
> After that, we should probably start getting a routine at releasing
> single components as we promised ;-)

OK, sounds good.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Sling Release

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...After that, we should probably start getting a routine at releasing
> single components as we promised ;-)...

Yes - it's a bit slow right now as our incubating status requires two
72-hours votes (one here and one in the Incubator PMC), but that
shouldn't block us.

-Bertrand

Re: Sling Release

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Sling Release

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Sling Release

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Sling Release

Posted by Juan José Vázquez Delgado <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1

BR,

Juanjo.

Re: Sling Release

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Alexander Saar schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> Am 06.01.2009 um 12:38 schrieb Felix Meschberger:
>
>> After all the enhancements and bugfixes to Sling in the last months
>> since the first release, I think it is about time to consider a new
>> release.
> good to hear that ;)
>
>> I think we should push forward the release in a few steps:
>>
>> (1) Remove Dependency Management from the parent pom (see [1]).
>> (2) Release Sling Parent POM, Version 5
>> (2a) Upgrade all Sling projects to use Sling Parent POM 5
>> (3) Decide on bugs to be fixed for the release
> +1 for the proposed steps
>
> could you please consider to include SLING-784 for the release, because
> we depend on it in our next CQ5 version.

I marked it as to be fixed in the Sling Post Servlet release. So chances
are that it will be included.

Regards
Felix

Re: Sling Release

Posted by Alexander Saar <al...@googlemail.com>.
Hi all,

Am 06.01.2009 um 12:38 schrieb Felix Meschberger:

> After all the enhancements and bugfixes to Sling in the last months
> since the first release, I think it is about time to consider a new
> release.
good to hear that ;)

> I think we should push forward the release in a few steps:
>
> (1) Remove Dependency Management from the parent pom (see [1]).
> (2) Release Sling Parent POM, Version 5
> (2a) Upgrade all Sling projects to use Sling Parent POM 5
> (3) Decide on bugs to be fixed for the release
+1 for the proposed steps

could you please consider to include SLING-784 for the release,
because we depend on it in our next CQ5 version.

regards,
alex