Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Mark B. Indictor" <mb...@fiddler.com> on 2002/02/20 23:47:51 UTC

Apple OS X and Jakarta Tomcat

I am having a problem with a new install of Tomcat 4.0.2 on OS X (10.1.3).

The servlet seems to startup two times, and it does not respond to HTTP
requests. As a matter of fact, no servlets in the configuration seem to
respond to HTTP requests!!!

The servlet successfully connects to a MSSQLServer database on a separate
Windows box via JDBC using BEA's latest WebLogic JDBC drivers. I have a
Java-based client program that communciates to the servlet via RMI, and it
works as expected, so I know the code is running and functioning to a large
degree.

I've also tried to use the Apache Web Server that comes standard with OS X
10.1.3. After downloading mod_webapp.so and updating the httpd.conf file, I
got the same results as with Tomcat: 404 errors!!!

Does anyone have a clue what could be wrong with what I've done?!

Here are the configuration details:

 <Context path="/s2" docBase="SiteBlocks" debug="0" reloadable="false">
   prefix="SiteBlocks_Log." suffix=".txt"
   timestamp="true"/>
 </Context>

I then created the following directories:

$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/SiteBlocks
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/SiteBlocks/WEB-INF
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/SiteBlocks/WEB-INF/lib
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/SiteBlocks/WEB-INF/classes

and the following files:

$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/SiteBlocks/WEB-INF/web.xml
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/SiteBlocks/WEB-INF/SiteBlocksServer.properties

which contains the following information:

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd
<http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd> ">

<web-app>
    <display-name>
        SiteBlocks Component Server
    </display-name>

    <description>
         This is the SiteBlocks Component Server.
    </description>

    <context-param>
      <param-name>webmaster</param-name>
      <param-value>mbi@site2.com</param-value>
      <description>
        The EMAIL address of the administrator to whom question.
        and comments about this application should be addressed.
      </description>
    </context-param>

    <servlet>
      <description>
             SiteBlocks Component Server
      </description>
      <servlet-class>S2Server</servlet-class>
      <init-param>
        <param-name>resource</param-name>

<param-value>/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.2/webapps/SiteBlocks/WEB-INF/Site
BlocksServer.properties</param-value>
      </init-param>
      <!-- Load this servlet at server startup time -->
      <load-on-startup></load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

    <session-config>
      <session-timeout>30</session-timeout>