Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2003/10/29 13:39:30 UTC

Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache (can we have CVS)

Hi Richard;Luis,jeremy,All

I think it is better if we can have CVS (some where) as we are
writing code and need to share. I am not aware of the administrative
side of that.

Can you help us with this.

we never mind where cvs is as long as it exists; I think intially one of
you or other Geranimo commiters (Luis jeremy) can shepherd in our code
for us.

Srinath

Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache (can we have CVS)

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi Jeremy;
oh; that make the Richards work harder, Any way it sound like we are
having first phototype work at the  sf.net.

we go on as dims said
> planning for the worst case scenario - i have set up a project in
>sf.net  (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ews/) that can be used. Just
>create your own sf.net id and email > that to me privately. we can do
>the prototyping work there and then ......

Srinath

Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache (tool framework)

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Thanks Richard;

Let us used the sf.net/contrib directory to gather proposals etc ..and
Start our discussion well prepared.
Please give me bit time  respond to JAXR thread.

regards

Srinath

Posted by Richard Monson-Haefel <Ri...@Monson-Haefel.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@Objectweb.org>.
Srinath Perera wrote:

> > WSDL Genration seems to work with Axis 1.1. Maybe there is still bugs
> > opens ... I will check this !
> yep I am not check after ..
>

> > > In short to use EJBProvider (IMO)it ask for fluency in the WebSerivce's
> > > as well as J2EE. how the Context of WebService  map to Context of J2EE
> > > is lot of work all the time.
>
> > I don't understand this "lot of work all the time". Why ? ... Can you
> > better explain this please ?
> if it just publishing the EJB it would be ok but if you use J2EE servcie
> like security ect .. you have to map from the webservice security to
> J2EE security. Then user has to learn both and write handlers.
>
> hopefully we can give a tool that make those thing transparent to them.

OK

> > > Plus if we use that we are bound by the JAX-RPC mapping file limitation
> > > of axis. Actually we can enhanced EJB provider but it will bind the
> > > JSR109 impl to the Axis (IMO) too tightly.
> >
> > That's true. But if we use Axis as WebService Engine, it's mandatory to
> > use Provider for WS publication. So we should implement our own
> > EJBProvider or extends Axis one to take into account mappings.
> >
> > What is the other choice ?
>
> write a webservice that wrap the EJB. the provider is axis usual
> provider, but the webservice java class inside the Axis will find the
> EJB and invoke it plus security ect.
>
> This wrapper web service is genarated. By small changes to the generated
> web service (plug in a new module to generate different code) this
> should be able to run in other JAX-RPC runtimes as well and invoke EJB.

That seems good to me :)
Thanks for the explanations !

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.

Posted by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@Objectweb.org>.

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi Guillaume;Richard;

Posted by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@Objectweb.org>.

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi Richard;

Posted by Ias <ia...@tmax.co.kr>.
> It seems to me ( I could be confused) that Axis already
> provides the functionality described by your framework.  It
> can already take a WSDL document and generate interfaces,
> bindings, and implementation classes.

Yes, my JAX-RPC mapper (mapping processor) is solely based on the framework:

WsdlToJ2ee from WSDL2
J2eeEmitter from Emitter
J2eeXxxWriters from JavaXxxWriters

> What we want to do (IMO) is generate Axis WSDDs (Web Service
> Deployment
> Descriptors) from the standard J2EE 1.4 Web Service
> deployment descriptors - specifically JAX-RPC Mapping,
> webservices.xml, and J2EE component descriptors. I think we
> can do this using TrAX (Java API for XSLT).
JAX-RPC mapper uses JAXB to retrieve information of a JAX-RPC mapping.
J2eeDeployWriter will emit a server-config.wsdd reflecting on the
information.

> Of course I'm assuming that we want to bind ws4j2ee directly
> to Axis, which is (again IMO) the best strategy for Geronimo
> - Axis is Servlet engine agnostic so this approach will work
> with just about any Geronimo configuration.

Currently, JAX-RPC mapper is not coupled with web.xml and webservices.xml
for J2EE 1.4 spec. In other words, since it only deals with JAX-RPC mapping,
it may need some extra information that any J2EE server can provide in an
arbitrary fashion to complete a server-config.wsdd. It could be better to
discuss this issue after prototypes for JSR-109 are available in ews.sf.net.
(I'm planning to check-in from next Wednesday or later.)
> Richard
>

> .

Thanks,

Ias

Lee, Changshin (Korean name)
Ias (International name)
               Company Web Site: http://www.tmax.co.kr
               Personal Web Site: http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr
Senior Researcher, Emerging Technology Evangelist & JCP Activities
Coordinator
JCP member - http://jcp.org/en/participation/members/L
R&D Institute
Tmax Soft, Inc.
JCP member - http://jcp.org/en/participation/members/T

Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache (tool framework)

Posted by Richard Monson-Haefel <Ri...@Monson-Haefel.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Jeremy,
Send me your sf.net id and i will add it ASAP (http://sf.net/projects/ews/) We can have all
discussions on this mailing list, use the wiki etc everything except CVS. we'll use the sf project
for the CVS ONLY.

Thanks,
-- dims

=====

Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache (can we have CVS)

Posted by Jeremy Lemaire <Je...@online.fr>.

Hi Srinath,

Re: CVS sandboxing (was: JSR 109 implementation for Apache (can we have CVS))

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Leo. As i stated in my other email. Let's use sf.net JUST for the code and share all other
resources like wiki etc with the regular geronimo project.

Thanks,
dims

=====

CVS sandboxing (was: JSR 109 implementation for Apache (can we have CVS))

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Hi gang!

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi All;

> > Another concern I have is that you are ready to sumbit code when I'm
> > entirely sure we have brainstormed enough on the subject. I don't want
> > to a  stick in the mud, but I think we need to consider the design and do some
> > prototyping before we start to commit changes to the code base.

I am accept your point completely. I have no idea of putting final codes
in (codes are not final even after the realese:) ).

My concern is to have code as help to explain what we are talking about.
Until the brainstrom and design done the codes written are prototypes
and there should not be any claims to make them final.

to start the brain stroming let me revised the Architecture in the WIKI
and list concern /TODO again  shall we start on top of it. everybody can
attached **detailed** plan for own work (may be backup with the code).
We shall discuss.

>Of course, putting stuff in contrib/ requires commit privs too.
> If one of you guys is a geronimo committer than a contrib/ dir
> where people submit patches would work, but definitely a pain
> for the committer. Maybe sf.net is the easier path forward.
yes sf.net is ok with me. (do not need to give Richrad a hard time)

Srinath

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.

=====

Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache (can we have CVS)

Posted by Richard Monson-Haefel <Ri...@Monson-Haefel.com>.