Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Ritu Sabharwal <rs...@Brocade.com> on 2014/05/30 00:10:45 UTC

License to be signed for contributing to CloudStack

Hi,

I wanted to know if there are any license to be signed by individuals or corporates to contribute to CloudStack.

Thanks & Regards,
Ritu S.

Re: License to be signed for contributing to CloudStack

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 2, 2014, at 7:13 PM, Ritu Sabharwal <rs...@Brocade.com> wrote:

> Hi Chip,
>
> Thanks for the information.
>
> I created a JIRA bug for the plugin development CLOUDSTACK-6823.
>
> I don't have the Edit permissions to edit the wiki to add the design spec.
>
> User ID: rsabharw

you should be good to go now,

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ritu Sabharwal <rs...@Brocade.com>.
Hi Sebastian,

Right now I am the only author for the plugin. Will add more to the wiki and Review Board as an when people join me.

Thanks & Regards,
Ritu S.

> This gives a real good picture of the IP clearance process.
>
> I sent a Proposal email to mailing list last week, still waiting for acceptance. Can you please have a look at it and provide feedback?
>
> I am in the state to submit my design document to CloudStack wiki. I have created account on JIRA, Review Board and CloudStack wiki. I need permissions to contribute. Can you please give these permissions?
>
> It would be good to create a branch for Brocade plugin and we can submitting patches for review to Review Board in another one week .

Just be careful with that *we*. Every code author should submit his own patches.

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.
Ritu,

Many companies donate their code to apache cloudstack. There is no
license to sign, however there is Intellectual Property Clearance
process you need to go through. From what i recall, you describe what it
is you would like to donate, we put it to a vote and once approved the
code is merged.

Here is an example

http://osdir.com/ml/general.incubator.apache.org/2013-01/msg00309.html

More folks can chime in and explain.