Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com> on 2000/03/29 07:49:17 UTC

Re: Error when getting cocoon.xml and others

Carlos Kassab wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please help me. I installed cocoon with Apache jserv on an NT 4.0  and
> apache is runnign ok.
>
> When i try to get the file cocoon.xml, i get this error:
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
> org.apache.cocoon.processor.ldap.LdapProcessor: make sure the needed classes
> can be found in the classpath (javax/naming/directory/DirContext)
>
> i followed all the steps in the installation page.
>
> Thank you in advance.
You need to download the JNDI jar file from www.javasoft.com or if you're
not planning on using LDAP, then you can safely comment out the ldap
processor in Cocoon.properties.

Mike

Re: Error when getting cocoon.xml and others

Posted by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.
Donald Ball wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Please help me. I installed cocoon with Apache jserv on an NT 4.0  and
>>> apache is runnign ok.
>>>
>>> When i try to get the file cocoon.xml, i get this error:
>>>
>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
>>> org.apache.cocoon.processor.ldap.LdapProcessor: make sure the needed classes
>>> can be found in the classpath (javax/naming/directory/DirContext)
>>>
>>> i followed all the steps in the installation page.
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance.
>> You need to download the JNDI jar file from www.javasoft.com or if you're
>> not planning on using LDAP, then you can safely comment out the ldap
>> processor in Cocoon.properties.
>
> Say... why don't we make that the default in 1.7.2?
>
> - donald
I thought that change was going to go into 1.7.1?  If not then it should
because I've personally answered that question about 20 times :-)
No big deal but unless you're using LDAP, there's no need for it...

Mike

Re: Error when getting cocoon.xml and others

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.