Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Benjamin <be...@netyantra.com> on 2005/03/15 07:52:48 UTC

[users@httpd] user and group thru configure

Can anyone tell me how do i set the User and Group during install.
Wot r the options in configure, cuz I for sure,could find no option to
specify the User name and Group, which was existent in Apache 1.3

Now, if i dont specify anything other than the PREFIX, I see a "nobody"
against the user and #-1against the Group in httpd.conf.

Tried to look around, but couldnt find any help.
Any ideas anyone?

--

Benjamin Jacob.

Disclaimer :
If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission to whom it is
addressed, or have received this transmission in error, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmission
is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately and delete this e-mail
from your system. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission, which cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
incomplete, arrive at wrong address or contain viruses. If verification
is required please request a hard-copy version.  This e-mail contains only the
personal opinions of the sender and does not represent an official
communication from NetYantra of any manner.

Re: [users@httpd] user and group thru configure

Posted by Benjamin <be...@netyantra.com>.
Yep. I got that.

I just wanted to know if u cud specify that in an option to configure,
like in Apache 1.3

Now I have to manually edit httpd.conf.

thanx .

Posted by Eimantas Vaičiūnas <ei...@sc.vu.lt>.
I just wanted to say, that not all MPMs support User/Group directives. And if
u configure and compile apache with MPM that supports those directives you
have to specify them in httpd.conf file anyway.

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 09:05, Benjamin wrote:
> Hey thanks Eimantas,
> Read abt the MPMs.
>
> I am using Linux, Redhat -9.
> SO i guess, even if i dint specify the mpm option dring configure, it
> wud pick prefork as the MPM, which is wot i want.
> So, do I have to specify the User/Group  directive when I cconfigure for
> make?? or is it when I start the server?
>
> Theres no mention of using the User/Group directive with configure.
> Do i have to configure like
> ./configure --prefix=<prefix>   --with-mpm=prefork  User=<username>
--
Eimantas Vaičiūnas
VU Skaičiavimo centras

Re: [users@httpd] user and group thru configure

Posted by Benjamin <be...@netyantra.com>.
Hey thanks Eimantas,

Posted by Eimantas Vaičiūnas <ei...@sc.vu.lt>.

--
Eimantas Vaičiūnas
VU Skaičiavimo centras

Re: [users@httpd] user and group thru configure

Posted by Benjamin <be...@netyantra.com>.
okk.. hold with the answers..

:-)

just got some hold of it.. these mpms n all.
will get back with more questions soon.

Posted by Benjamin <be...@netyantra.com>.
MPM module??

Posted by Eimantas Vaičiūnas <ei...@sc.vu.lt>.