Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Giovanni Bechis <gi...@paclan.it> on 2020/09/17 13:13:40 UTC

sa-update plugins

Hi,
on trunk I would like to remove support for sa-update --allowplugins option, is there any reason not to do it ?

 Cheers
  Giovanni

Re: sa-update plugins

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 06:54:57 -0700
Michael Peddemors wrote:

> On 2020-09-17 6:13 a.m., Giovanni Bechis wrote:
> > Hi,
> > on trunk I would like to remove support for sa-update
> > --allowplugins option, is there any reason not to do it ?
> >
> >   Cheers
> >    Giovanni
> >

> While the 'allowplugins' option COULD be a danger, it does need to be
> supported for those that are distributing their own sa rules.

It's not needed for rules.

Re: sa-update plugins

Posted by Michael Peddemors <mi...@linuxmagic.com>.
On 2020-09-17 6:13 a.m., Giovanni Bechis wrote:
> Hi,
> on trunk I would like to remove support for sa-update --allowplugins option, is there any reason not to do it ?
>
>   Cheers
>    Giovanni

While the 'allowplugins' option COULD be a danger, it does need to be
supported for those that are distributing their own sa rules.

The changes to make this on a per channel basis are safer, so you can
only allow it on the channels you 'trust' <sic>

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."

Re: sa-update plugins

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 9/17/20 3:13 PM, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
> Hi,
> on trunk I would like to remove support for sa-update --allowplugins option, is there any reason not to do it ?
>
>   Cheers
>    Giovanni

-1 to that - it gets used in private channels.