Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Asokan Srinivasan <As...@bcsis.com> on 2010/04/06 06:11:55 UTC

TUscany integration with tomcat

Hi

I am trying to deploy tuscany webapp in tomcat.

I got the open source SOA in Action and tried to deploy the tuscany example given in tomcat 5.5. To my surprise the service is not getting deployed in tomcat. I have raised a question to author on this location.
http://www.manning-sandbox.com/thread.jspa?threadID=37288&tstart=0

I tried to follow the steps for tomcat deployment in http://tuscany.apache.org/sca-java-web-applications.html. Some examples can be provided for configuring the tuscany sca domain for example, what to include in the folder META-INF/sca-deployables and what should be in web.composite. All the links to the example applications inside the page are broken.

It would be of great help if a web application that is readily deployable to tomcat can be provided.

Regards
Asokan S

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION

This message and its attachments ("Message") are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed, is confidential and may also be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please do not distribute, use or copy any part of it.  Instead, please inform us immediately by return e-mail and delete this Message from your system or destroy it if you received it otherwise than by e-mail.

Any opinions or representations contained in this Message shall not bind BCS Information Systems Pte Ltd ("BCSIS") or Banking Computer Services Pte Ltd ("BCS"), as the case may be ("BCS Co.") unless the author is authorized by such BCS Co. to communicate such opinion or representation and the authority of the author to so bind such BCS Co. is duly verified.

Re: TUscany integration with tomcat

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 9:11 PM, Asokan Srinivasan <As...@bcsis.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to deploy tuscany webapp in tomcat.
>
> I got the open source SOA in Action and tried to deploy the tuscany example given in tomcat 5.5. To my surprise the service is not getting deployed in tomcat. I have raised a question to author on this location.
> http://www.manning-sandbox.com/thread.jspa?threadID=37288&tstart=0

The samples from the book are using a embedded http server, and are
not configured to be deployed in Tomcat.

> I tried to follow the steps for tomcat deployment in http://tuscany.apache.org/sca-java-web-applications.html. Some examples can be provided for configuring the tuscany sca domain for example, what to include in the folder META-INF/sca-deployables and what should be in web.composite. All the links to the example applications inside the page are broken.

Probably the best option would be to take a look at an existing web
application from the sample directory (look at samples that have
-webapp in the module name)... Calculator webapp should be one of the
simplest ones...

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-1.x/trunk/samples/calculator-webapp/

> It would be of great help if a web application that is readily deployable to tomcat can be provided.

There is also some pieces of the travel sample as webapp (at least in
the 2.x version of it)

[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk/tutorials/travelsample/contributions/

--
Luciano Resende