Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Newgro <pe...@gmx.ch> on 2009/03/25 15:32:49 UTC

Apache2 / Tomcat6 application presented while calling www.mydomain.de

Hi *,

i'm looking for a solution to configure the application (war) which is
responding on calling a url like www.mydomain.de

I use Apache2 Webserver infront of tomat 6.0.18. I setup everything from the
tutorial found here
http://www.mogilowski.net/?p=121&lang=de-de
http://www.mogilowski.net/?p=121&lang=de-de
I simply replaced the words:
vhost1 by mydomain
www.testsrv.local by www.mydomain.de

If i call the url (www.mydomain.de) i get the tomcat manager start page.
Only if i call www.mydomain.de/homepage the homepage is displayed if it's
deployed in the webapps folder.

So my questions are the following:
1.) Where do i have to put my homepage.war file? tomcat/webapps or
/var/www/mydomain or /var/www/mydomain/htdocs?
2.) Where can i specify that calls to www.mydomain.de goto homepage instead
of root application?

Cheers
Per

RE: Apache2 / Tomcat6 application presented while callingwww.mydomain.de

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Newgro [mailto:per.newgro@gmx.ch]
> Subject: Apache2 / Tomcat6 application presented while
> callingwww.mydomain.de
>
> I use Apache2 Webserver infront of tomat 6.0.18.

Why?  Unless you have a compelling reason (e.g., PHP), just run Tomcat stanadalone.

> If i call the url (www.mydomain.de) i get the tomcat manager
> start page.

No, that's the default Tomcat home page; the manager is a separate webapp.

> 1.) Where do i have to put my homepage.war file?

Delete the existing webapps/ROOT directory, and rename your war file to ROOT.war (case sensitive).

There are other ways to accomplish the same thing, but that's the simplest.

 - Chuck