Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Vivian Kong <vi...@ca.ibm.com> on 2023/01/30 14:44:18 UTC

Add s390x to Jenkins CI

Hi all,

As s390x nodes are available (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/ci-hadoop.apache.org), I’m wondering if it is possible to add a s390x CI job for Zookeeper?  I’ve raised a PR (https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/1975) to add the Jenkinsfile we might need for this and I’d appreciate any feedback.

s390x was part of Travis CI (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-3681) and it will be great if CI can be run again on s390x.

Thank you.

Regards,

Vivian Kong
Linux on IBM Z Open Source Ecosystem
IBM Canada Toronto Lab

RE: Add s390x to Jenkins CI

Posted by Vivian Kong <vi...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Enrico,

Thanks again for setting up the s390x pipeline!

The build has been failing since autoconf wasn’t available on s390x nodes.  This has been fixed now: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-24208.  Wondering if you can kick off a new build to verify?

Thanks for your help.

From: Vivian Kong <vi...@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 12:05 PM
To: dev@zookeeper.apache.org <de...@zookeeper.apache.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] RE: Add s390x to Jenkins CI
Awesome!  Thanks for the fast turnaround!  Will keep an eye on this.

From: Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 8:42 AM
To: dev@zookeeper.apache.org <de...@zookeeper.apache.org>
This is the job
https://ci-hadoop.apache.org/job/zookeeper-multi-branch-build-s390x/job/master/

All tests passed !

Vivian,
Maybe you could keep an eye to the job and report here when it fails

Thank you very much

Enrico

RE: Add s390x to Jenkins CI

From: Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>