Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Comiotto Thomas <th...@unicom.unizh.ch> on 2006/08/04 13:27:16 UTC

Dynamic Metadata in 1.4

Hi all,

Is the 1.4 Metadata Registry persistent? That would be needed for
dynamic metadata additions/removal at runtime.  Thats a requirement in
one of the projects I am workin' on where users should be able to
specify custom metadata sets for a resource/resourcetype. Also
protocols like WebDAV support that.

Thanks
Thomas

Re: Dynamic Metadata in 1.4

Posted by Comiotto Thomas <th...@unicom.unizh.ch>.
Hi Andreas

Am 04.08.2006 um 13:59 schrieb Andreas Hartmann:

> Comiotto Thomas wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Is the 1.4 Metadata Registry persistent?
>
> It is persistent in the sense of unmodifiable.
> IMO it would be nice to allow hot-deploying resource types, meta data
> element sets etc., but that's quite a long way to go any should
> probably
> not be addressed before 1.4 is released. What do the others think?

Ok, I'll write another workaround (you know, I did some before).

>> That would be needed for dynamic metadata additions/removal at
>> runtime.  Thats a requirement in one of the projects I am workin' on
>> where users should be able to specify custom metadata sets for a
>> resource/resourcetype. Also protocols like WebDAV support that.
>
> Maybe you'd like to make a proposal how to implement this?

To be honest I don't think I'll have the time to seriously get involved
in developement at least for the months to come. :(

But I'd be willing to contribute to the 1.6 specs of course.

Thanks!
Thomas

Re: Dynamic Metadata in 1.4

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Comiotto Thomas wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is the 1.4 Metadata Registry persistent?
>
> It is persistent in the sense of unmodifiable.

Sorry, that's not true - I forgot that the implementation has changed.
So it is modifiable but not persistent.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann