Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Sidharth Kashyap <si...@outlook.com> on 2014/08/14 01:41:43 UTC

Ambari dependency on Python version 2.6

Hello,

Ambari currently depends on Python version 2.6 and this breaks the installation on systems that have Python version 2.7 and above.

Is there a fix for this?

Here is the copy of the erron on installation attempt:

Error: Package: ambari-server-1.6.1-98.noarch (Updates-ambari-1.6.1)
           Requires: python(abi) = 2.6
           Installed: python-2.7.5-16.el7.x86_64 (@anaconda)
               python(abi) = 2.7
               python(abi) = 2.7
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

Cheers,
Sidharth N. Kashyap

Re: Ambari dependency on Python version 2.6

Posted by Siddharth Wagle <sw...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Sidharth and Martin,

I have run unit tests with python version 2.7 a while ago and all of them
ran ok.

There was also a recent Jira which fixed a related issue,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-6845

It would be great if one you could proceed with installing Ambari with
Python 2.7. If any issues found please feel free to open a Jira. All in all
I do not anticipate too many problems.

Best Regards,
Sid

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Ambari dependency on Python version 2.6

Posted by Martin Tippmann <ma...@uni-weimar.de>.
> Hello,

Hi!