Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Daniel Seybold <da...@uni-ulm.de> on 2022/02/09 12:17:43 UTC

Apache Cassandra performance tuning - call for contribution

Dear Apache Cassandra community,

we plan to run a large case performance study for Apache Cassandra and
MongoDB where the focus is not to compare both systems directly but to
answer the question: /how much performance can you get out each DBMS
with an optimal configuration compared to the vanilla installation?/

In this study, we use three different configurations of the well-known
Yahoo Cloud Serving (YCSB) benchmark to emulate three types of workloads
(write-heavy, ready-heavy, mixed).

With these workloads, we stress the DBMS’ hosted on AWS EC2.

In order to get the optimal answer, we need your support as Apache
Cassandra experts to find the optimal OS and DBMS configuration for the
outlined workloads (either one general configuration or
workload-specific configurations).

We will carry out the benchmarks with our Benchmarking-as-a-Service
(BaaS) platform and include your configurations into the benchmarking
process.

And of course, we will release all data as open data sets to the
community and publish the study on our website and distribute it through
our marketing channels.
Moreover, we will reference you in this study and give you the
opportunity to introduce yourself and your company as well as comment on
the results with your experience and assessment.

If you are interested in contributing, feel free to reach out to me.

Cheers,
Daniel