Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Filipe Brandenburger <br...@ig.com.br> on 2000/11/18 05:06:34 UTC

XercesParserLiaison, DOMSupportDefault, XSLTProcessorEnvSupportDefault, ...

Hello.

I'm in doubt about the meaning of all these classes. I'm trying to do a generic XML application, where the user reads XML and XSLT files through scripts. I would like to know if I must create one object of each of these classes for each XML/XSLT file I open or can I just create one of each for my whole application and have many objects of the classes XalanDocument, XPath, StylesheetRoot, attached to them (created with them as parameters for the constructors).

More specifically, which of these classes can I have 1 object per application, being able to create various objects with them as parameters in constructors:
- XercesDOMSupport
- XercesParserLiaison
- XPathSupportDefault
- XSLTProcessorEnvSupportDefault
- XObjectFactoryDefault
- XPathFactoryDefault
- XSLTEngineImpl
- StylesheetConstructionContextDefault
- StylesheetExecutionContextDefault

BTW, what is the difference between DOMSupportDefault and XercesDOMSupport?

Thanks.

Filipe Brandenburger