Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joseph Laughlin <jl...@cuseeme.com> on 2000/11/17 22:33:38 UTC

Can't remove Tomcat 3.1 NT Service

Hello everyone,

I added Tomcat 3.1 as a service (supposedly sucessfully, but it wouldn't
serv servlets) and then removed it (supposedly sucessfully also).  Now
whenever I try to start Tomcat via the startup.bat file in the bin dir, it
tells me I have to remove the service.  There is no service in the services
control panel, and there is no registry key in the services group that I can
find.

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of this problem short of a
reinstall of WIN2k Server?

Thanks in advance for your help!