Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by dhwanishah85 <dh...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/31 01:52:17 UTC

FlexJS with Bootstrap example

Hello,

Is there any working example of how I can use bootstrap / less in FlexJS? I
am using FlexJS 0.5.0.

Dhwani Shah,
My Apache Flex community contribution is working on the open source
Moonshine-IDE.com for FlexJS.

Re: FlexJS with Bootstrap example

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Dhwani,

I'm still not quite clear what you are trying to do. Maybe it would be
best to create a JIRA ticket and attach the source.

You can declare a namespace in CSS without a prefix such as:

	@namespace "library://ns.apache.org/flexjs/html";

And doing that should keep the compiler from complaining about type
selectors like html and body.

But low-level HTMLElement classes don't have MXML support so you can't
currently use an MXML-based app build the UI, plus I think you are seeing
the compiler crash because Bootstrap's CSS is unexpectedly complex and the
compiler can't handle it (yet).

FWIW, I thought I put some code in the compiler to skip over html and body
and not require a namespace.

HTH,
-Alex

Posted by dhwanishah85 <dh...@gmail.com>.
[...]

org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.as.codegen.MXMLClassDirectiveProcessor.processNode(MXMLClassDirectiveProcessor.java:987)
: at
org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.as.codegen.MXMLClassDirectiveProcessor.traverse(MXMLClassDirectiveProcessor.java:861)
: at
org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.as.codegen.MXMLClassDirectiveProcessor.traverse(MXMLClassDirectiveProcessor.java:831)
: at
org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.as.codegen.MXMLClassDirectiveProcessor.processMainClassDefinitionNode(MXMLClassDirectiveProcessor.java:653)
[...]
org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.units.CompilationUnitBase$4$1.call(CompilationUnitBase.java:305)
: at
org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.units.requests.RequestMaker$1.call(RequestMaker.java:228)
: at
org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.units.requests.RequestMaker$1.call(RequestMaker.java:222)

Posted by dhwanishah85 <dh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

Screen_Shot_2016-04-01_at_1.png
<http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/n52129/Screen_Shot_2016-04-01_at_1.png>
I am attaching image of my project structure. And I just trying to compile
the project with css file (generated using less).
I am getting below errors (a snippet of error )
Using Flex SDK: /Users/dhwanishah/Documents/FlexSDKs/FlexJS0.5.0
: /Users/dhwanishah/Documents/NewFlexJsProject/src/NewFlexJsProject.mxml:8
: Type selector without namespace prefix requires a default namespace to be
defined. html

: ^
: /Users/dhwanishah/Documents/NewFlexJsProject/src/NewFlexJsProject.mxml:13
: Type selector without namespace prefix requires a default namespace to be
defined. body
: ]]>
: ^
: /Users/dhwanishah/Documents/NewFlexJsProject/src/NewFlexJsProject.mxml:16
: Type selector without namespace prefix requires a default namespace to be
defined. article

: ^
: /Users/dhwanishah/Documents/NewFlexJsProject/src/NewFlexJsProject.mxml:17
: Type selector without namespace prefix requires a default namespace to be
defined. aside

: ^
: /Users/dhwanishah/Documents/NewFlexJsProject/src/NewFlexJsProject.mxml:18
: Type selector without namespace prefix requires a default namespace to be
defined. details

: ^
: /Users/dhwanishah/Documents/NewFlexJsProject/src/NewFlexJsProject.mxml:19
: Type selector without namespace prefix requires a default namespace to be
defined. figcaption
:
: ^
: /Users/dhwanishah/Documents/NewFlexJsProject/src/NewFlexJsProject.mxml:20
: Type selector without namespace prefix requires a default namespace to be
defined. figure

I am also attaching my css file here. main.css
<http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/file/n52129/main.css>

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I would need more details, like some code and the error.

-Alex

Posted by dhwanishah85 <dh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

I am trying my hand on Bootstrap/less to get it working with FlexJS from few
days.
And I am getting namespace error. Can you provide me some details on how to

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 3/30/16, 4:52 PM, "dhwanishah85" <dh...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Is there any working example of how I can use bootstrap / less in FlexJS?
>am using FlexJS 0.5.0.

The CSS support currently isn't sophisticated enough for bootstrap and
less.  The Flat component set in FlexJS uses a derivative of the
Flat-UI-Free from design modo which I think is a bootstrap theme so you
can get a similar look, but it isn't a true drop-in bootstrap theme.
Volunteers are welcome to help upgrade the CSS support for FlexJS.

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: FlexJS with Bootstrap example

Posted by dhwanishah85 <dh...@gmail.com>.
Hi TeotiGraphix,

I am glad to see that I am using your framework and also got chance to
communicate with you.

We are using FileUtil from your framework.

Please provide your feedback about our website - we still need to go much
far from this point though.

Thanks

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.
HA, I see you are using ASBlocks! I wrote that framework like 6 years ago,
hahaha that is to funny! It's still in my github repos.

https://github.com/teotigraphix/as3-commons-asblocks

Can I ask how you are using it, just code generation?

That is SO COOL! It finally got used!

Mike

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 7:05 PM, Michael Schmalle <teotigraphixllc@gmail.com

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 7:04 PM, Michael Schmalle <teotigraphixllc@gmail.com

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.
@Dhwani

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Not mine, but I've seen this in the wild:

https://github.com/jucasoft/flexjs_bootstrap

Can you please take a look and see if this is a good example of what you
are looking for?

Thanks,
Om