Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2007/03/20 20:43:44 UTC

[DISCUSS] Rewrite kernel model to be based on interfaces

Was there a separate DISCUSS thread on this.  Looks like an
interesting idea but I'm having trouble digging through the volumes
of e-mail and the two sentences below don't help me understand the
depth of the issues.   Is there one thread I can look at or is it
really a mosaic of different threads?  Sounds more like a revolution.

Re: [DISCUSS] Rewrite kernel model to be based on interfaces

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
On Mar 20, 2007, at 12:43 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> Was there a separate DISCUSS thread on this.  Looks like an
> interesting idea but I'm having trouble digging through the volumes
> of e-mail and the two sentences below don't help me understand the
> depth of the issues.   Is there one thread I can look at or is it
> really a mosaic of different threads?  Sounds more like a revolution.

There was a lot of discussion on the interface/POJO issue around this
time last year when we switched from an interface model generated by
SDO from XSD to the current POJO one. I share Meeraj's reluctance
about rehashing the same issues especially when there is so much new
stuff to do.

Most of the recent discussion has been about "componentization" which
I think is a very different issue and applies irrespective of how our
model is written or deserialized. I tried to separate that and keep
the VOTE thread focused on the interface issue but wasn't very
successful :-(

Dave made some good points on API stability that again apply
irrespective of the interface/POJO issue - changing interfaces are
just as much of a stability problem as changing POJOs.

These probably warrant threads of their own.
--
Jeremy