Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2012/07/12 02:25:30 UTC

Missing classes in stock 5.5.35 JARs?

All,

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11427522/ssl-configuration-getting-classpuretlsimplementation-jsse15factory-not-foun

The SO poster is using 5.5.30 but the problem appears to still exist in
5.5.35 (latest).

I downloaded the "core" Tomcat 5.5.35 tarball and none of the .jar files
in there contain the PureTLSImplementation class (nor any of the
JSSE15*.class files). JSSE14*.class are there, in
server/lib/tomcat-util.jar.

svn doesn't say anything about those files being removed -- the sources
are still in there.

Did something get left out in the build, somehow?

-chris

Re: Missing classes in stock 5.5.35 JARs?

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@apache.org>.
On Jul 11, 2012, at 8:25 PM, Christopher Schultz wrote:

> All,
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11427522/ssl-configuration-getting-classpuretlsimplementation-jsse15factory-not-foun
>
> The SO poster is using 5.5.30 but the problem appears to still exist in
> 5.5.35 (latest).
>
> I downloaded the "core" Tomcat 5.5.35 tarball and none of the .jar files
> in there contain the PureTLSImplementation class (nor any of the
> JSSE15*.class files). JSSE14*.class are there, in
> server/lib/tomcat-util.jar.
>
> svn doesn't say anything about those files being removed -- the sources
> are still in there.
>
> Did something get left out in the build, somehow?

Well, on purpose, yeah. We have not shipped it in the
release builds for quite some time, due to no demand, need
and support for it.

Re: Missing classes in stock 5.5.35 JARs?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
> All,
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11427522/ssl-configuration-getting-classpuretlsimplementation-jsse15factory-not-foun
>
>  The SO poster is using 5.5.30 but the problem appears to still
> exist in 5.5.35 (latest).
>
> I downloaded the "core" Tomcat 5.5.35 tarball and none of the .jar
> files in there contain the PureTLSImplementation class (nor any of
> the JSSE15*.class files). JSSE14*.class are there, in
> server/lib/tomcat-util.jar.
>
> svn doesn't say anything about those files being removed -- the
> sources are still in there.
>
> Did something get left out in the build, somehow?

Nope. Those are debug messages indicating that optional libraries are
not present and can be safely ignored. PureTLS has so little demand
from the user community these days that we stopped including it in the
build years ago.

Mark