Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Ilias Stergiou <Il...@eurodyn.com> on 2004/03/26 09:47:24 UTC

HTTPS

Steve, John,
    publishing using the HTTPS protocol is widely used in the literature
and is used at the IBM and Microsoft UDDI installations. To find the
instructions on how to implement that in jUDDI v0.8.0 and v0.8.1 refer
to the
"Secure_HowTo" file:
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=juddi-dev@ws.apache.org&msgNo=870
(the contribution will hopefully be available in cvs after its
review/approval)

In the same email you will find the instructions on how to setup your
certificates. I must say that
- setting up the certificates is considered a difficult process, therefore
   in a first stage I would suggest to use server authentication only with
   self-signed certificates.
- the documentation provided covers both elementary and advanced
   issues, from setting self-signed certificates to setting-up an OpenSSL
   Certificate Authority and importing PKCS12 certificates.
Setting up https is mainly a web container process. You may also see the
Tomcat documentation but in my humble opinion it is not as comprehencive
as this.

I am happy to help. Sorry for the delayed answer, I was on vacations
yesterday.
Ilias

--
Software Division, European Dynamics SA, http://www.eurodyn.com