Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Andor Molnar <an...@cloudera.com> on 2018/02/02 11:29:04 UTC

Re: Timeouts on lock

Hi Alexei,

I think this is more of a Kazoo lock recipe question and not ZooKeeper
specific, but I did some research for you:

It seems that Kazoo locks are based on the path parameter that you specify
when creating a new lock object and _not_ the identifier (name in your
case). So basically second call (should) timeouts, because you're trying to
acquire the same lock 10 times. Changing the code to use PATH as a prefix
and concatenate with the random name fixes it:

PATH = "aggregator_test/"

lock = zoo_conn.Lock(PATH + name)

Regards,
Andor