Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter Kahn <ci...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/03 00:15:38 UTC

m2e workspace resolution doesn't include test-classes

Hi all,

Does anyone have a workaround for m2e no longer adding target/test-classes
to launcher when workspace resolution is used?  This used to work but
doesn't anymore which forces us to add folders and projects to launchers
manually.

After closing  dependent projects in workspace I see the test jars on my
classpath.  It is only when they are opened that resolution fails.  I saw a
discussion back in may on this  topic (
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/m2e-dev/msg01343.html) and was hoping
someone had a workaround.

Thanks

Peter

Apologies is m2e is too off topic for this list.
--
Peter Kahn
citizenkahn@gmail.com

Re: m2e workspace resolution doesn't include test-classes

Posted by Peter Kahn <ci...@gmail.com>.
Hi all

Stackoverflow provided the
answer...<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19147684/work-around-for-m2e-workspace-resolution-lacking-test-classes-in-launcher-classp/19186830?noredirect=1#19186830>
Maven favors test-jar type over test classifier and m2e follows suite.
type does that right thing adding the test jar to the classpath on launcher
classpath resolution.  Classifier doesn't add the test jar to classpath.

Thanks

Peter