Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "jdavis@openactive.org" <jd...@openactive.org> on 2018/03/19 02:47:42 UTC

Disable stacktrace over websocket?

Hello,
 I am connecting to AMQ via a websocket. This all works fine. When a user
enters the wrong username or password a stacktrace is sent back to the
websocket client. I would like to not send that message to the client, is
this possible?

Here is an example of the text sent back to a client on failed login:
https://pastebin.com/ZY28GPMT

Thanks,
Jason

Re: Disable stacktrace over websocket?

Posted by "jdavis@openactive.org" <jd...@openactive.org>.
OK, thanks.

Re: Disable stacktrace over websocket?

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
There's currently no way to do that without modifying the source and
recompiling.

If you did want to change the source code yourself, you'd want to look at
org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.ProtocolConverter.handleException(),
where it unconditionally includes the stack trace of the exception in the
content that's sent back to the STOMP client.

Tim