Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Phillips, David" <Da...@usaa.com> on 2012/08/22 08:36:09 UTC

Multi-Window Session support

I was reading through this conversation between Jeremy and Igor (http://tinyurl.com/cmfrpj9) and saw some impacts to several of our applications.

We're currently on 1.4 and are one of the users Jeremy mentioned who use the pagemap as a key to partition session. We have many apps where our users need to open the same application in multiple windows to run multiple scenarios through the apps simultaneously. As such these different windows need to maintain different session objects. Igor mentioned that the conversational data wasn't typically UI related, but we often see lots of form data, semi-transient objects, and other front end data which needs to be distinct for each scenario, but otherwise has no business being stored in the middle tier.

Given this requirement, are there any recommendations for achieving partitioning in future versions without the pagemap?

Thanks,
-David Phillips