Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Duncan Anderson <du...@plant.demon.co.uk> on 2000/09/01 19:51:27 UTC

problems getting soap to work on tomcat

Hi,
I'm trying to get the addressBook sample in the apache 2.0 release working
with Tomcat on NT.  However, when I run samples.addressbook.GetAddress I
get:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document following the root
element must be well-formed.
    at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:969)

blah blah blah

    at samples.addressBook.GetAddress.main(GetAddress.java:125)
Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Protocol): <h1>Error: 404</h1>
<h2>Location: /soap/servlet/rcprouter</h2>

my classpath has xxerces.jar, soap.jar and the soap-2_0 directory in
it.....I also changed the Tomcat config file as per the documentation.

I can run the admin console, without problems.  Howver, I get a similar
error to the above if I try to run rcprouter from the console.  Any ideas
what I'm doing wrong??
Duncan

Re: problems getting soap to work on tomcat

Posted by Cory Isaacson <ci...@capita2.com>.
Duncan,

This is because some sort of Exception is being thrown probably before the
SOAP server can even process the message, and therefore the Exception comes
back instead of a well-formed SOAP error message. Be sure you are using
xerces 1.1.3, SOAP 2.0, and Java Servlet 2.2.

If you try the TcpTunnelGui (instructions on the web site) you'll be able to
see the Exception to help nail it down.

Cory