Posted to users@directory.apache.org by "Popova, Marina" <mp...@emptoris.com> on 2012/05/01 17:38:18 UTC

RE: help with subscription

Emmanuel,
Thanks for the explanation. It seems a bit strange that you do not allow web mails , as the only two ways you would get a non-web mail would be if you either used your corporate mail (which is probably not a good idea if you are doing some personal research/projects not related to your official work :) ) or register your own domain, which seems  a bit extreme if you don't need it for other reasons...

Anyway, if that's the rule I'll try to use some other email,
Thanks,
Marina

Le 4/27/12 6:58 PM, Popova, Marina a écrit :
> Hello,
> Could somebody help me to subscribe to this list with my personal email? I used to be subscribed as mpopova at Emptoris dot come, but as this email is no longer valid I would like to re-subscribe with a different email: ppine7 at yahoo dot com.
>
> I tried subscribing from that email a few times, but every time requests are bounced back with a message that they were rejected as spam...
Webmails and mail in HTML will be considered as spam, this is why you
get rejected. Can't you use another mail ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com<http://www.iktek.com>

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 5/1/12 5:38 PM, Popova, Marina a écrit :
> Emmanuel,
> Thanks for the explanation. It seems a bit strange that you do not allow web mails , as the only two ways you would get a non-web mail would be if you either used your corporate mail (which is probably not a good idea if you are doing some personal research/projects not related to your official work :) ) or register your own domain, which seems  a bit extreme if you don't need it for other reasons...
Sorry, I may not have been clear : I'm using gmail without any problem,
so saying that web-mails are filtered is not sharp.

The mails that *have* HTML contents are filtered. This is probably why
you are filtered when usng Yahoo mail. You may have an option on Yahoo
mail to send your mail in plain text though ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com