Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by phil_k <ph...@ntlworld.com> on 2001/07/27 20:17:34 UTC

Buggy JSP app

Hi

any good Samaritans out there who feel generous?

I have been asked to install a JSP 1.2 application, that refuses to run, the
current error I am getting is:

A Servlet Exception Has Occurred
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
JSPI:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b5\bin\..\work\localhost\_\tsheet\docs\login
_jsp.java:3: Package code.tsheet not found in import.
import code.tsheet.*;
       ^

the code referred to has been unjared and resides under the root folder of a
tomcat 4.05b installation. It also exists in the jar file in the root folder
and has been pointed to explicitly in the classpath environment variable.

CLASSPATH=F:\jdk1.3.1\lib;%CLASSPATH%;c:\jspapp;I:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0
-b5\webapps\ROOT\ts-classes.jar

???

The complete code is attached, PLease help I am out of my depth, and this
needs to be running soon.

Re: Buggy JSP app

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, phil_k wrote:

> Hi
>
> any good Samaritans out there who feel generous?
>
> I have been asked to install a JSP 1.2 application, that refuses to run, the
> current error I am getting is:
>
> A Servlet Exception Has Occurred
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
> JSPI:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b5\bin\..\work\localhost\_\tsheet\docs\login
> _jsp.java:3: Package code.tsheet not found in import.
> import code.tsheet.*;
>        ^
>
> the code referred to has been unjared and resides under the root folder of a
> tomcat 4.05b installation. It also exists in the jar file in the root folder
> and has been pointed to explicitly in the classpath environment variable.
>
> CLASSPATH=F:\jdk1.3.1\lib;%CLASSPATH%;c:\jspapp;I:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0
> -b5\webapps\ROOT\ts-classes.jar

You don't want to do this (Tomcat 4 ignores your class path variable
anyway).

What you do want to do is put the JAR file in the right place.  The
choices are:

* If the JAR file should only be visible to a single web application,
  place it inside the /WEB-INF/lib directory of that application.

* If the JAR file should be visbile to all web applications, place it
  inside the $CATALINA_HOME/lib directory (for you, that probably means
  "I:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b5\lib").

Craig McClanahan