Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by ohaya <oh...@yahoo.com> on 2022/02/06 20:46:44 UTC

Browser being redirected to https://localhost:8443/syncope-console/login;jsessionid... instead of to hostname...

Hi,

I am trying to access a Syncope Console but it is timing out, so I tried to do an "openssl s_client" test, and when I did that, it is sending a 302 response, redirecting to localhost (instead of the hostname).

HTTP/1.1 302
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=2E6F187479FF3401EA65F3DE8BCA6D7F; Path=/syncope-console; Secure; HttpOnly
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 20:40:13 GMT
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store
Location: https://localhost:8443/syncope-console/login;jsessionid=2E6F187479FF3401EA65F3DE8BCA6D7F?0
Connection: close
Server: Syncope server

Where is Syncope console getting that hostname (localhost) from?

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Browser being redirected to https://localhost:8443/syncope-console/login;jsessionid... instead of to hostname...

Posted by ohaya <oh...@yahoo.com>.
 Hi,

We were able to fix this problem. It was an iptables problem that "sometimes" happens apparently.

Jim

     On Monday, February 7, 2022, 01:11:07 AM EST, ohaya <oh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

  Hi,

I think that I was able to confirm that the problem that I am encountering is because the browser is being redirected (by Tomcat/Syncope-console) to "localhost" instead of the the actual hostname.

What I did was that I did a test where I ran Firefox via Xwindows on the Syncope machine, and when I used that Firefox to access the /syncope-console/, I was able to get access!!

So the question is why, after the MySQL was upgraded, is this problem happening?

Thanks,
Jim

     On Sunday, February 6, 2022, 06:36:21 PM EST, ohaya <oh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

  Hi,

I should provide some additional information:

- This Syncope instance is V2.1.5, and access to the Syncope Console was originally working
- I had just upgraded the MySQL server and the MySQL Java Connector, from V8.0.25 to V8.028

After upgrading those, I bounced the entire server, and since then I cannot access the Syncope Console, so I was doing "openssl s_client" tests to try to debug the problem, and during that testing, I tested where I connected using "openssl s_client", and then I entered:

GET /syncope-console/ HTTP/1.0

and I got that 302 response that I posted:

Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 20:40:13 GMT
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store
Location: https://localhost:8443/syncope-console/login;jsessionid=2E6F187479FF3401EA65F3DE8BCA6D7F?0
Connection: close
Server: Syncope server

So I am trying to determine why it is using localhost for the 302 redirect.

Thanks,
Jim