Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ali fathieh <al...@yahoo.com> on 2010/12/11 16:56:55 UTC

Solr Tika, Text with style

Hello,
I've seenĀ  this link:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/Community/Hear-from-the-Experts/Articles/Content-Extraction-Tika
What I got is pure text without any style from Tika for Solr to search in .
Is it possible to have the text with its style from Solr?
In other words, we need to show text with its original style after searched by solr .
Thanks
Ali

Re: Solr Tika, Text with style

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
To do that, you need to keep the original content and store it in a field.

On Dec 11, 2010, at 10:56 AM, ali fathieh wrote:

> Hello,
> I've seen  this link:
> http://www.lucidimagination.com/Community/Hear-from-the-Experts/Articles/Content-Extraction-Tika
> What I got is pure text without any style from Tika for Solr to search in .
> Is it possible to have the text with its style from Solr?
> In other words, we need to show text with its original style after searched by solr .
> Thanks
> Ali

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com