Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by sanjeev <sa...@hotpop.com> on 2002/11/26 04:26:12 UTC

Specific Requirement - Help Me

Hi,

    I have the following requirement. I am not sure how to use FOP for meeting this requirement. Can anyone please help me with some of your ideas.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The Preview function allows any user, registered, non-registered, logged in, or logged off, to preview in a printer friendly version:

§         Any static content which includes one or several static pages which could be in HTML, JSP, or any other type of format.

§         Any document which includes one or several pages.  Example of documents are brochures, flyers, newsletters, articles, reports, white papers, etc.  Documents are located in the Library in the Support section.   Documents could be in any format such as HTML, RTF, Text, PDF, Word, etc.

§         Any database record which includes one or several tabs.  Examples of Records are Corporate Profiles, Individual Profiles, Job Profiles, etc.  Currently records are stored in Oracle database.  Other databases such as Sybase, SQL Server, and DB2 will also be supported.  While records, consisting of many different tabs which include many different fields, are appropriate for online access, they are very inadequate for previewing or printing.  Hence, the Preview function offers an intelligent translation of records.  For example, the employment record of an individual is automatically translated into a chronological resume for preview.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Thankx in Advance !!!

Sanjeev

Re: Specific Requirement - Help Me

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
sanjeev wrote:

>     I have the following requirement. I am not sure how to use FOP for
> meeting this requirement. Can anyone please help me with some of your ideas.
FOP is just an xsl-fo formatter, it's not a versatile processor of "any
other type of format".

PS. Don't post messages in html format to the list, it's forbidden by
Apache maillist guidelines [1].

[1]http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html
--
Oleg Tkachenko